Saturday

Mon 15 Sept 2008 - Jabs & Crash Helmets

Isn't the internet great? I did some research to help make this blog better and, lo and behold, found recent blogs from other Fantsuam VSOs.. However I have to say that they well and truly throw down the gauntlet, particularly Glenn at http://acanuckamuck.blogspot.com/ - any publishers out there - this deserves a wider audience! If you can't wait for me to start my own blog - try this...

So back to the crash helmets... Mine arrived on Friday. VSO don't ask - they deliver. If you're expected to drive a motorbike on your placement you must take (and pass) a 5 day motorcycle course. I won't be expected to drive one - simply use local motorcycle taxis - for which a helmet is provided... and pretty fetching I think it is too... Particularly the little ears...

Just in case you think this is a little over top - I would like to introduce you to 'David Fono - a ride through Kafanchan on the back of a motorbike' (another of the wonders of the internet). It's reassuring to see how everyone else is also wearing a crash helmet... Thanks for the footage Dave. Another great blog about life with VSO in Kafanchan if you can't wait for me to get out there and start my own..

And for those that are dying for some more news about the jabs, well, I left the most boring to last. I don't know whether it's my constitution and whether it bodes well for West Africa but so far, no side affects to Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, Tetanus et al., Rabies, Yellow Fever and most importantly, Lariam anti-malarial which I will have to continue taking for two years. Let's hope this continues.

Today's another big day for my VSO Moodle training (VSO's online training environment) ... I'm half way through Livelihoods Approach - I really need to start my Hausa soon.
Sannu - nagode!

No comments:

Post a Comment